From music hobby to music career!

Being able to license your music to public and private investors is the best way to turn a good song into excellent income for years.

Licensing your music is the first step to getting your music placed in commercials, movies, television, video games, greeting cars and more.


Synchronization ("Sync") License

A music synchronization license, also known as a sync license, is a music license granted by the owner or composer of a particular piece of work. The license allows the licensee or purchaser the right to use the music in a visual piece, such as a movie, video game, or commercial.

The rights to the music typically belong to the publishing house that represents the owner. The copyright is divided into two parts:

  1. Master sound recording: This is the actual studio recording and is usually owned by a record label.
  2. Composition: This is the music notes, lyrics, and melody written by the composer and songwriter, usually owned by the publisher.
Synchronization License | Audio Exchange

Master Recording License

A master license gives the license holder the right to use a recorded piece of music in a media project such a film, TV show, commercial or another visual creation or audio project. A master license is obtained from the person who owns the recording (aka the master) which is the party that financed the recording. Usually, these rights reside with the record label if not the independent artist.

A master license can only be issued for one song at a time. Even if someone wants to use an entire album in a project, a license must be obtained for each song individually.

Mechanical License

A mechanical license grants the rights to reproduce and distribute copyrighted musical compositions (songs) on CDs, records, tapes, ringtones, permanent digital downloads, interactive streams and other digital configurations supporting various business models, including locker-based music services and bundled music offerings.

If you want to record and distribute a song that you don’t own or control, or if your business requires the distribution of music that was written by others, you need to obtain a mechanical license.

A mechanical license doesn’t include the use of a song in a video. That use requires a synchronization license which you will need to obtain by contacting the publisher(s) directly.

Performance License

A public performance license is permission to play in public a song that someone else wrote. The most common use of public performance licensing is to play popular music at a bar, club, restaurant or retail store.

Public performance licenses are also required to perform live music, such as at concerts.

 All rights reserved ©2019 VSD NETWORK Inc. DBA Audio Exchange

Audio Exchange Logo


VSD BANK-0.5000000 VSDVSD's for becoming a AUX member
Maria Lara Novaes0.5000000 VSDVSD's for becoming a AUX member
VSD BANK-0.5000000 VSDVSD's for becoming a AUX member
Chloe Landale0.5000000 VSDVSD's for becoming a AUX member
VSD BANK-0.5000000 VSDVSD's for becoming a AUX member
Clara Nascimento0.5000000 VSDVSD's for becoming a AUX member
VSD BANK-0.5000000 VSDVSD's for becoming a AUX member



Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?


Create Account